J&J TRUCK BODIES & TRAILERS
Senior Manager - Supply Chain
J&J Truck Bodies & Trailers is seeking a hands-on manager overseeing the purchasing & materials management functions for a mid-size truck equipment manufacturer and upfitter. Working closely with engineering and manufacturing teams, this leader has a consistent presence on the shop floor, analyzing changes or new issues in materials and supply to reduce costs, improve quality and optimize inventory levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations:
- Plans and implements activities related to the sourcing and procuring of materials, parts, components, and equipment.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with sales, engineering, manufacturing, and quality departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Meets with suppliers to evaluate industry and economic trends, new products, and new technologies, and maintains supplier scorecard.
- Develops and implements systems and policies related to inventory management including enterprise resource planning system, cycle counts, physical inventory, and other audits, and is accountable for accurate stock and SKU masters
- Develops policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities.
- Directs the activities of buyers to accomplish company objectives.
- Reviews and approves purchases up to a specified dollar amount.
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers.
- Monitors the cost, schedule, and performance aspects of contracts and subcontracts.
- Selects develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Oversees the shipping/receiving functions.
- Performs duties in a safe manner; wears required PPE when appropriate.
- Observes and comply with all the provisions of the ISO 90001 QMS.
- Directly manages buyers, order processors, and warehouse foremen.
- Indirectly manages 6 - 8 additional employees.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the transportation or automotive parts/service industry is highly desirable.